Ages 7-13 ~ These are uniquely structured children's art classes inspired by the exhibitions and the instructor's topics of interest. Classes are meant to allow children to learn and explore art forms and themes through selected topics and activities taught by professional art instructors.
1. Instructors will meet with the whole group and do brief introductions and share the goals of the class.
2. The group, will define the selected class topics - and apply definitions to life, nature, man-made objects, etc. How can the topics be identified in life? What would that look like? How can they be spotted in nature? What are some examples?
3. Students will tour both galleries so they can find authentic examples of the selected class topics.
4. The instructor will share examples of the selected class topics - introduce challenges, share some images to get them thinking, and introduce the tools and supplies needed for the project.
5. Students will create a piece of art from their inspiration.
6. Students can share their work and how they used the class topic as inspiration.
7. The Art will be displayed in the classroom and a special opening reception for the "little artists" will be hosted the following Friday, 5-7 p.m.. The opening reception (aka ArtyParty) is open to the public. Games, snacks, and fun will be provided.
In collaboration with Old School Arts & Learning Center. - Sponsored by United Way, Wisconsin Arts Board, Rhinelander Kiwanis, and Nicolet National Bank.